Brother printer paper jam is a common issue that users encounter due to incorrect installation of papers in the tray, stuck papers, damaged printer rollers, bad quality ink cartridges, etc. Besides these reasons, other valid factors such as overloaded printer trays, etc also cause paper jam problems.
Why Does “Brother Printer Paper Jam” Occur?
Your Printer can have a paper jam issue due to the reasons mentioned below.
- The defective ink cartridge of the printer
- Invalid installation of papers in the tray
- Incorrect size and type of papers
- Hardware problem
- Dusty printer rollers
Resolve “Brother Printer Paper Jam”
To fix the “Brother printer paper jam” issue, follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
1. Fix Paper Jam By Clearing Tray
If your Brother printer shows a paper jam issue but in reality, no paper is stuck in the printer, you need to clear the printer’s tray. Follow the process to clear your printer’s tray.
- First, turn off your Brother printer.
- Next, remove all the cables
- Now, take the printer tray out of the printer.
- Then, remove the stuck paper from the tray carefully.
- After the paper is removed, insert the tray back into the printer.
- Here, restart your device and take a print test.
2. Resolve Paper Jam By Rebooting
In this technique, you will have to turn off and on your printer with the help of which, various printer errors will be fixed.
Simply, follow the guidelines mentioned below.
- Power off your printer.
- Now, leave the printing device turned off for around 10-15 minutes.
- Also, check the printer if there is any piece of paper stuck. If you found any paper, remove it.
- Hit the “Clear” button on your printer.
- Finally, turn on the printer again.
If still “paper jam brother printer” issue occurs, check the next fixing tip below.
3. Remove Stuck Paper From Toner Cartridge
This process can truly be beneficial to fix the “paper jam printer” issue if follow the steps properly.
- First of all, turn off your printer.
- Now, wait for a few seconds to let the machine cool down properly.
- After that, separate the top cover of the printer.
- Now, if you find any stuck paper, remove it with ease.
- Take out the toner and drum unit of the printer.
- Next, remove the jammed paper from them.
- Make sure you touch the drum unit and toner with care otherwise, they both can get damaged.
- After that, re-insert these parts carefully into the printer.
- Then, close the top cover of the Brother printer.
- Press the “Clear” button to clear the printer’s memory
4. Use The Correct Size Of Paper
One important thing you need to keep in your head always while printing documents with your Brother printer is that you use valid paper.
If you are using the wrong paper, the printer will show “paper jam” issue for sure. So, make sure you use quality papers so that you get desired prints.
Furthermore, always use clean paper with no folds so that you can avoid this paper jam problem.
5. Cleaning Printer Rollers
This process will show you how to clean printer rollers in a proper manner.
- First of all, remove papers from the tray with care.
- Access “Printer settings” using the down arrow key.
- Thereafter, press the “Ok” button.
- Choose the “Clean paper feed” option.
- Then, hit “Ok”
6. Update Drivers
Another main thing you need to make sure is that your printer drivers are up-to-date. So, install important updates of the drivers. To update the drivers, visit the Brother official site and download the available updates based on the printer’s model number.
7. Reset Your Brother Printer
If nothing above worked for you, reset your printer using the given steps.
- First, power on the printer
- Next, unplug the cables of the printer
- Now, wait for a few moments.
- Then, insert the cable back into the printer’s socket.
- Turn on your printing device later.
- Finally, your paper jam issue will be fixed.
8. Resolve Hardware Glitch
Paper jam issues can also be triggered due to hardware faults. For many users, it couldn’t be possible to fix the hardware glitch independently. So, you can contact the hardware expert if the warranty of your Brother printer is still not finished.
9. Don’t Give Too Many Print Commands
Giving too many print commands to your printer can cause Brother printer paper jam. Make sure you do not repeat the command if your printer doesn’t print anything after you give the first command. Hence, be patient and wait for a while. Apart from this, restart the printer and unplug it to cool it down.
Finally, you must have resolved the “Brother printer paper jam” error using our fixing tips given in the blog. But if not, get in touch with us, and our experts(printers error) will provide you with further solutions.