The Epson brand offers feature-rich printing systems for home, office, and various settings. But over time, people report facing several technical issues. It is usual to look at an Epson printer offline status on Windows and Mac.
This happens when there’s an issue in the communication between the printer and the computer. It would help if you made appropriate changes in the settings to turn an offline printer online.
In this post, we will explain the best solutions for turning your printer online and functional.
Troubleshooting for the Epson Printer Offline
You can start by implementing some basic fixes first. After that, use the more advanced resolutions.
1. Ensure that the printer and desktop are connected to the same network.
The first thing to do on finding offline error with the printing system is examining whether the printer is linked to the network as your desktop.
- Head to the Control Panel. Do it via the Windows ‘Start’ button.
- Here, select the ‘Hardware and Sound’ tab.
- Now choose ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Find your Epson printer model and tap it to confirm its status.
- See that your printer is turned on and is linked to the same network as your desktop.
2. Enable the Use Printer Online option
You may notice the Epson printer offline Windows 10 issue if the online option is not enabled. To enable this option, use the procedure here.
- Turn off the Epson machine. Now after a few minutes, power it.
- Now use the Windows and I keys in order to head to the system settings.
- Here, locate the ‘Devices’ option and double-tap it.
- Next, locate the ‘Printers & Scanners’ label.
- You will be able to view your current Epson printer here.
- Right-tap it and choose ‘See what’s printing.’
- Remove the tick from ‘Stop printing from another printer.’
- Also, remove the checkmark from the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Use Printer Online’ option.
3. Find out whether the spooler service has stopped
You will definitely wonder why is my Epson printer offline if the spooler service stops functioning. Windows 10 users can kickstart this service by following these steps.
- Find the Run box.
- Here, input ‘services.msc.’
- Next, hit the ‘OK’ button.
- The Service window will launch.
- Locate the ‘Print Spooler’ option in the list.
- Check if its status is running.
- If it shows stopped, right-tap on it and hit the ‘Start’ option.
- This will make the print spooler service resume its working.
- Exit the window.
- Now, check whether the print status comes back online.
4. Get rid of all printer jobs
The print queue can get stuck sometimes. This can result in the Epson printer offline issue in Windows 10. So, clear the print jobs in the queue by following these points.
- Launch the Run box using the steps described above.
- Here, type services.msc.
- Click the ‘OK’ button.
- The Service window will pop up.
- Place your cursor on the ‘Print Spooler.’Right-click this service.
- From the dropdown, select the ‘Properties’ option.
- Tap ‘Stop’ and, finally, click the ‘OK’ button.
- Navigate to the File Explorer in your system.
- Enter the following in the address bar: %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- A printer folder will open. It will have many files.
- You should delete all of them.
- Next, navigate to the spooler properties again.
- Launch the service by tapping ‘Start.’
- In the end, hit ‘OK.’
- As a last step, restart your system.
- When the print jobs are cleared, your Epson printer will come back online.
5. Reinstall an outdated printer driver
Corrupt or old printer drivers prevent the Epson printer from functioning optimally. Here are the steps to reinstall the printer drivers and fix the offline issue.
- From the Start menu, get to the Control Panel.
- Here, tap the ‘Add or remove program’ option.
- From the list of programs, right-tap on your Epson printer driver.
- Now, from the popup menu, hit ‘Uninstall’ to remove the earlier printer driver.
- Move to the ‘Devices and Printers’ tab.
- Here, choose the ‘Add printer’ option.
- In the new window. ‘Add a network, wireless or a Bluetooth printer.’
- Now install the printer driver according to your Epson printer model.
- When this process completes, start your computer again and see if the Epson printer still shows an offline status.
6. Reset print settings on Mac
The Epson printer offline Mac occurs because of a bad internet connection. In such a case, you can reset print settings.
- Access the Apple menu.
- Here, choose the ‘System Preferences
- Move to the ‘Printers and Scanners’ tab.
- Right-tap on your Epson printer in the new window.
- Now select ‘Reset printing system’ option.
- Input the password and username of Mac when prompted.
- After that, hit ‘OK.’
- Wait till you see the printer list on your screen.
- Use the ‘+’ icon to add your Epson printer.
- The printer will now be online.
- Do a test print and see if everything is working properly.
7. Clear additional printers from the system
Another effective resolution for Epson printers saying offline on Mac is removing unwanted printing devices. Follow these points to clear them.
- First, tap the Apple icon on the home screen.
- Now, choose ‘System Preferences.’
- After that, tap ‘Printers & Scanners.’
- A list of all the printers will show.
- Now, hit the name of the printer to remove it.
- Click the ‘–‘ symbol below the printer.
- Ensure that the current Epson printer is the default device for printing.
8. Initialize the router and restart your system
Is your Epson printer still offline? If you cannot print, initialize the router and restart your system.
- Take out the power cord from the router’s power outlet.
- Wait for a while, and after that, plug back the power cord.
- Now try to print.
- You will require to set up the connection for other network devices again.
- Restart the computer if the printer still does not take the print command.
- Now, try printing.
Epson printer says offline due to problems in it, your computer, or the wireless network. Use these effective resolutions, and you will be able to troubleshoot the printer status. If you encounter any other printers error or want to know more, contact an expert online.