You can Reset Canon printer if you want to restore it to the previous settings so that it can function better than before. In most cases, resetting the printer is often done when we have to resolve unknown technical errors. No matter what issue you are facing with your device now, resetting will troubleshoot all the unexpected problems with the printer. Here in this guide, we are going to discuss simple ways of resetting the printer.
So, below you can see the 5 different methods to reset the printer.
Methods To Reset Canon Printer
- Canon Printer Ink Resetting
- Hard reset Canon printer
- Factory resetting
- Power resetting of Canon printer
- Resetting through the stop and power button
Now, below you can see the complete step-by-step procedure to reset the printer using 5 different ways.
How To Reset Canon Printer?
1. Ink Resetting Of Canon Printer
In order to get started with the ink resetting of the Canon printer, you just need to follow the process given below.
Moreover, Canon printers come with a special chip in it that notifies users when ink cartridges get old or need to be replaced due to low ink.
- First, remove the ink cartridges from your Canon printer. Make sure you take out the cartridge with full care so that no harm is done to them.
- Now, install the same ink cartridges into the main channel of the ink resetting mechanism.
- After that, check the internal chip of the cartridge for any issues. The chip should not be damaged and functioning well.
- In addition, make sure the chip is in contact with the resetter’s plate.
- Carefully, hold the ink cartridge until you see the LED light on the chip flashing.
- Then, keep holding the cartridge and let the light becomes steady.
- Next, separate the cartridges from the chip resetter.
- Besides this, you can do the same process with any cartridge of a Canon printer that needs to be reset.
2. Hard Resetting Of Canon Printer
Using this hard resetting method, your Canon printer will go back to its previous or default settings. After the printer is reset to default, it will work like a new device that is free from bugs or technical issues.
Therefore, you should follow the process given below.
- In the first instance, go to your Canon printer.
- Next, press and hold “Stop” and wait for the alarm to ring.
- Now, continue pressing the “Start” button around 18-19 times.
- Thereafter, the hard resetting of the Canon printer will be done.
- Thenceforth, remove or uninstall Canon printer drivers from your PC.
- Lastly, after you remove the old drivers, install the latest drivers for your Canon printer.
Now, your printing device will work in a better way after you finish re-installing the drivers.
3. Factory Reset Canon Printer
Here, you can learn to reset your Canon Pixma printer to factory settings. Simply, follow the procedure mentioned below.
- First, turn on your Canon printer.
- Second, use the arrow keys mentioned to go to the printer’s Menu.
- Next, go down to the screen to choose the “Device Setting” option.
- In addition, press the “Ok” button and select the “Resetting” option.
- Again, hit the “Ok” button.
- Now, turn off the printer and press the “Start” and “Stop” buttons together.
- Keep the Start button pressed while releasing the Stop button.
- Again, press the “Stop” button.
- Next, wait until “O” displays on the screen. It may take a few seconds.
- Hit the “stop” button 4 times.
- Again, press the “Power” button.
- Turn off the printer using the “Power” button.
4. Power Resetting Of Canon Printer
This is another best method that helps you reset the printer to resolve all technical errors of the printer.
- To begin with, power off the printer.
- Subsequently, disconnect all the cables or wires from the printer using careful hands.
- After the printer is completely disconnected from the power, wait for a while.
- Now, after 30 seconds, connect all the cables to the printer again.
- Again, turn on the Canon printing device.
- Afterward, the printer will be reset
5. Resetting Through Stop & Power Buttons
This will not require you to follow the complex process to reset the printer.
- First of all, your printer should be turned on and connected to your PC well.
- Next, hit the “Power” button to turn off the printing device.
- Then, press the “Stop” button for a few seconds.
- While keeping the “Stop” button pressed, hit the “Power” button also for a few seconds.
- After that, release the “Stop” button keeping the “Power” button pressed.
- Press the “Stop” button around 5 times.
- Ultimately, you can release the “Power” button.
After following these above steps, the Canon printer’s screen will turn black and the reset process will take some time. Also, once the resetting of the printer is done successfully, you will be able to use the device with default settings.
Here, you can see the 5 best different ways to Reset Canon printer. Hopefully, the successful resetting of the printer error has been done. But if not, let us know by sending the queries.