“Brother Printer in error state” shows up because of various valid reasons such as outdated printer drivers, the printer in offline mode, the printer is not set as default, faulty print spooler, etc. If you are facing the same problem, let’s understand its causes and solutions in a detailed way.
Brother Printer In Error State – Causes & Solutions
Check the causes below if your printer is in an error state.
- The printer drivers aren’t up-to-date.
- Connectivity problems
- Brother printer isn’t set as the default
- The printer is selected in online mode.
- Low ink
- The ink cartridges of the printer are not up to the mark
- USB cables of the printer may not be connected properly
How To Fix “Brother Printer In Error State Windows 10”?
Check the steps given below to fix the problem.
1. Check The Connection
To fix the printer in an error state, ensure to check the connection one more time. It may be that your printer isn’t connected to your PC and wifi well and as a consequence, it is in an error state.
For the wireless printer, make sure all cables are connected well. If the cables aren’t connected well to the device, the loose connectivity will create various printer problems.
To fix the printer connection problem, you can disconnect the printer from the PC and wait for a few seconds. After a while, reconnection the printer to the PC and take a print test.
Furthermore, ensure the printer is connected to the same wifi as the PC.
2. Fix “Printer In Error State” By Rebooting
If your Brother printer is stuck and not responding, simply, restart it to fix the temporary issues. This is one of the best techniques through which various printing faults can be fixed.
- Simply, press the “Power” button to turn off the printer.
- Next, remove power cables or cords from the wall outlet.
- Now, wait for a few seconds, and connect the power cables again to the printer.
- Again, press the “Power” button to restart the device.
3. Check Ink Cartridge
If the ink cartridge is running out of ink or damaged, the printer will appear in an error state. Make sure the ink cartridge is in proper condition and has full ink to complete your printing tasks. Simply, replace the ink cartridges if they are empty.
Steps to check the ink levels:-
- First, go to the “Control Panel” of the printer.
- Next, press the “Ink” icon and choose the “Ink volume”
- After this, the ink levels status will display.
If the ink is low or not sufficient, replace the printer ink cartridge with a new one.
Steps to replace ink cartridges:-
- First, open the ink cartridge cover.
- Then, open the lock release lever.
- Now, take out the ink cartridge from the printer carefully.
- Here, install the new cartridge in the accurate cartridge holder.
- Thereafter, close the “Lock release lever”.
- Ultimately, close the ink cartridge cover.
4. Update Brother Printer Drivers
To fix the printer’s error problem, update the printer by downloading and installing the latest updates. To download drivers, head to the official site of Brother and provide your printer model number.
After providing the printer details, available updates download easily. Further, click on the “downloaded” file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers.
In addition, you can also update the drivers automatically. To do so, check the procedure below:-
- First, open the “Run” window and enter “devmgmt.msc”.
- Now, hit enter to open the device manager.
- Now, find your Brother printer.
- Next, right-click on your printer and choose the “Update Driver” option.
- Choose the automatic downloading of the drivers.
- Wait and the driver’s installation process complete automatically.
5. Clear Paper Jam issue
If your printer is showing paper jam, it is due to incorrect installation of papers in the printer tray. To fix the problem, remove the stuck paper and install good-quality paper.
Apart from this, you need to ensure one more thing the printer has sufficient papers according to your tasks or requirements.
6. Reset Print Spooler
Next, you can fix the printer in an error state is reset the print spooler service. Once the resetting of the print spooler is completed, the printer is in the error state going to fix.
Here, we have described the procedure to reset or rectify the printer spooler of the printer so that it works effectively.
- Initially, find “Services” in the search menu.
- Next, right-click on “Service” and choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
- After this, right-click on “Print Spool Service” and choose “Stop”.
- Now, paste this command – C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS in windows search menu.
- Again, right-click on “Print Jobs” and choose the “Delete” or “Remove” option.
- Go to “Services” and choose “Start” by clicking on “Print Spool”.
After following this process, ensure to restart the printer and your computer device.
7. Reset Printer Factory Setting
If you have tried everything to rectify the printer’s error state problem and still the error is showing up, reset the printer to factory settings.
The below process will show you how to reset the printer to the factory setting.
- First, remove the main cover of the printer.
- Second, power off your printer.
- Subsequently, power on your device again.
- Now, press the “Go” button at least 7-10 times.
- Then, wait and restart the device.
Afterward, the printer can reset to the factory settings.
You must have resolved the “Brother Printer In Error State” issue with the help of our easy troubleshooting guide. However, you can submit your query if the error state of the printer keeps occurring. If you need more assistance to a printer’s error, connect with a printer technical expert.
Related Resources:-Brother Printer Offline