Using Brother Printer and facing offline issues on it? Well, that’s a common occurrence with your printer. And, the causes for the offline printer are many. We’ll deal with the reasons that are causing Brother Printer keeps going offline and then will move to the fixes. Here’s more about it:
Oftentimes when a brother printer offline issue pops up, the user must look for the hardware installation. It could be a USB cable, Wi-Fi router, and others that might be generating the issue. Above all, users must be careful with their driver updates; need frequent updates from time to time.
Let’s move ahead with the resolution guide.
Most Common Reasons Why Brother Printer Went offline
Several different causes are responsible for my brother’s printer’s offline issue. Here’s the list of them.
- The printer is not in Power on mode.
- The Paper tray is not empty.
- Check for ‘paper jam.’
- Due to a ‘low ink cartridge’, the printer showing offline.
- Ink toner blockage
- The printer is not set as the default
- Connection issue: Issue in connecting computer with printer.
- Print stuck in a queue.
- Use of Corrupt or outdated printer drivers.
- In the printer, ‘use offline mode’ is checked. This is causing the offline error.
- The printer setting is set wrong.
How To Resolve A Brother Printer Offline Error In Windows 10
Since you have figured out above what possible causes are creating issues, now is the time to resolve the Brother Printer Offline Issue for Windows 10 and 11 by using the troubleshooters listed below. Therefore, you have to follow these instructions carefully to turn on your printer device.
Set brother printer as default:
Before making to establish a connection, the ‘must do’ act is to set the brother printer as the default one. Else, your issue will remain even if other glitches are solved. To do so,
- One: tap the window icon from the keyboard, and launch the ‘Control panel.’
- Two: As ‘Control Panel’ appears > tap ‘Devices and Printers’. Then, the list of printers will launch.
- Three: Select your printer from the list and ‘tap right’ on it. Choose ‘Set as Default Printer’
- Four: Finally, put your printer to restart and see if the offline issue is mitigated.
Uncheck offline status for your brother printer:
On your PC, there is this offline and online status set option for your printer which you need to take care of. All you need is to check if the printer is selected as offline status. If so, uncheck it from there and put it on online mode. Here’s the help for it to do.
- Starting with the windows key, then search for Control Panel and choose Device and Printers.
- Then after, tap on your brother printer brand and then click ‘see what is printing’.
- Next, select the printer option from above the window and find if there’s a tick on ‘use printer offline’ If so, tap it to halt or change it to online.
- Again, from the same printer option, choose to cancel all documents
- This process will help uncheck the offline status of the brother printer.
Resolve printer jam error:
Printer jam error is common which helps brother printer to go offline. Here’s how to fix it.
- In case a paper jam occurs, quickly off the printer and remove its power supply of it.
- Then, by opening the printer, take the rollers out.
- Instead, users can take out paper as well in certain cases.
- As the paper is pulled out from rollers, the user should send a printing command.
Printer driver update:
The printer driver is of dynamic nature which means it needs time to time to update to work at its best. Here’s how you do it to regain online status for your brother’s printer.
- On the windows icon, click right and choose Device Manager
- Tap twice on print queue options to extend the list.
- Next, tap right on the printer to update the driver.
- Coming to the next screen, select Browse my computer for driver software
- After that, on the next screen, tap the ‘browse’ button found nearby and search for the driver option.
- Here, select the location to download the driver and tap ‘OK’.
- Finally, tap ‘Next’ and then click on ‘Done’.
How To Fix Brother Printer Offline On Mac?
Similar to windows, Brother Printer could go offline while it’s operated with mac as well. In such a case, nothing could be better than applying the authentic steps to come out of the error condition. Here’s to let you know some fixes with the same.
- You make sure the internet connectivity is par between mac and printer; there’s nothing lacking there.
- Be sure of the hardware working at best.
- Check the printer for any paper jams. Ensure keeping it clean.
- Check the ink level; it shouldn’t be a low or no ink scenario to fix the offline error.
- Fix printer as a ‘Default Printer.’
- Further steps if previous methods didn’t work:
- Launch the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option and choose your printer from the list. Tap “Open Print Queue.”
- Clear print commands by tapping the X sign.
- In case the printer paused, tap the resume printer option to continue its use.
- Time for test: check offline issue persists or not.
- Finally, install printer driver to remove Brother Printer keeps going offline issue. Here’s how you do it.
Reinstall Printer Driver To Fix Brother Printer Offline Issue
First, uninstall the previously installed driver. Then after, install a new updated driver for letting your printing come online on a mac computer.
Uninstall the driver:
- First, from mac, move to the ‘System and Preference’, then ‘Printer and Scanner.’
- Next, choose your printer and tap the (-) sign to remove the printer.
- Now visit the official brother printer site, and download the printer driver.
Install the driver:
- Restart the printer and open the newly installed printer driver.
- Choose a printer and install a paper port. We recommend going through the instructions once.
- As the driver gets installed, launch the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences.”
- Afterward, tap the “Printers and Scanners”
- Next, grab the ‘+’ sign and choose ‘Add printer or Scanner.’
- Again, choose your printer from the next window.
- Now, allow and add the Brother printer to the device. Once your printer connects to the Mac device, leave the system preferences.
- Once applied above steps, the printer issue will be resolved. Additionally, the printer icon will turn green.
Solve Brother Printer Is Connected To Wi-Fi Still Showing Offline
You have probably experienced an offline status for your brother’s printer while it’s connected to WiFi. That’s annoying and needs a quick fix. Take the given steps into consideration.
- Power on your printer and check the light is on. Also, ensure it’s not in sleep mode.
- In case you couldn’t switch on the printer, check for a wired connection.
- Also, check notifications of any kind – ink toner empty, Paper jammed, etc.
- Then after, check if your wireless router or access point is set up.
- Additionally, check SSID or the name of the wireless network, and wireless network key. Connect with an internet provider for it.
- You can keep the printer beside the router for proper network access.
- Turn on the printer machine.
- Tap ok and Setup Wizard. Again, tap ‘Ok’
- Find your network and tap ‘OK’ to confirm.
- At last, enter the password and tap “OK.”
If your Brother Printer keeps going offline, then this extended guide would prove as helpful. We have covered troubleshooting tips for both windows and mac and how other factors could let the brother printer go down(Printerserror). Apply steps carefully for maximum benefit.
Related Resources-Brother Printer in error state