WPS pin HP printer is an 8-digit number created by the printer to establish a wireless connection with PC and routers. HP printers come with an innovative technology that let users print documents wirelessly after they are connected to the computer. Here in this blog, you are going to get complete insights into how to find wps pin for printer. In addition, you will also learn how to connect the printer to the PC using WPS technology.
To experience wifi protected setup between devices, there are 2 methods –
1. WPS PIN
2. WPS button.
So, keep reading the information below for more clarity regarding the same.
What Is A WPS Pin HP Printer?
A WPS PIN is a wireless-protected setup secret pin that permits devices to connect to each other through wireless technology.
The PIN is displayed on the printer’s screen as most new technology-built HP printers come with a screen & WPS facility.
In addition, the wireless connection made by WPS is fast, reliable, and secure. So, there is no need to be worried about the security & privacy of the devices.
Most importantly, the WPS PIN lasts for 8-9 seconds on the screen and disappears afterward. So, make sure to note down the PIN to enter on your PC.
Every time you connect your HP printer to a PC wirelessly, a new WPS pin is generated.
Below you can see the steps to find and use the PIN.
Wireless Connection Through WPS Pin HP Printer
- Indeed, you can easily find WPS Pin if your HP printer has a screen and control panel.
- First, power on the device.
- Next, if the printer is already powered on, you need to restart the device.
- After turning on the device, navigate to “Control Panel” and press the “Wireless or Settings” button.
- Thereafter, the blue light will flash.
- Now, on the screen of your HP printer, the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” option will display.
- To find wps pin printer, tap “Wi-Fi Protected Setup”.
- Then, choose “Wi-Fi Protected Setup”.
- Here, a WPS pin will be generated and displayed on the screen.
- Simply, note down that pin otherwise, it will disappear after 8-9 seconds.
- You need to create a new WPS PIN in case, the previous one isn’t working.
- Furthermore, provide that new pin on your computer.
- Finally, your device will be connected to a PC through WPS technology.
- So, with this process, you can find wps pin on printer.
Surely, the printer will be connected to the PC easily after these given steps are followed carefully.
Wireless Connection Through WPS Push Button
You can use the below procedure for wireless connection if your HP printer does not have a screen or control panel.
- At first, switch on your printer. However, if it is already turned on, you can restart the device.
- Now, press the “Wireless Or Settings”
- Then, hit the “Wireless”
- After that, a blue or green light will flash.
- Next, you need to look at the back of your wireless router.
- On the back side, you will see “WPS button”.
- Moreover, press that WPS button for about 4-5 seconds.
- Thereafter, wps light will flash.
- You need to wait for a few minutes until the light of the printer and router stops flashing.
- Eventually, the wireless setup will be enabled between devices.
Hopefully, you won’t have to face difficulty in finding WPS pin HP printer and establishing a wireless connection between the printer and your PC. Besides WPS PIN on the printer, you can also learn to find WPS push button on the router. In case of any issue or query, feel free to contact us(printer error).