Are you wondering why your “Canon Printer in error state” and how long it will take to get fixed? Then, the process to fix the printer becomes quite simple when you are aware of the causes. The printer can be shown in the error state if-
- The printers are missing and corrupt.
- Connectivity problems between the Canon printer & PC.
- UBS cables aren’t connected well.
- Print spooler service is stopped and because of this, print jobs are disturbed in the queue leading the printer to an error state.
- The printer is not configured correctly on the PC or computer.
- Insufficient papers in the tray.
- Low ink and ink cartridges need to be replaced.
1. Reboot the Printer & PC
The first and foremost step to fix the Canon printer in error state would be to restart both the computer and the printer.
Surely, it could be a case of temporary issues with both these devices, and restarting will be helpful in fixing all those issues automatically.
So go to the “Start” button and click the “Restart” option to restart the computer. On other hand, you can press the power button to restart the printer.
In addition, wait for a while and then, try to use your printer later by giving print commands.
2. Ensure Drivers Are Updated
Drivers play a crucial role in helping the printer and the computer to communicate with each other without hurdles. If the drivers are missing or corrupt, the printer will not take any print job even when you give print commands to it.
So, keep the Canon printer drivers updated. To update the drivers, you can visit the Canon official site. Thereafter, choose the right latest drivers based on the printer’s model number and name.
Moreover, let’s also check some simple steps below to update or re-install the printer’s software.
- Firstly, head to Canon printer’s official site.
- Secondly, find the drivers according to your printer’s requirements by entering their model numbers.
- Furthermore, click the “Download” option to continue further.
- It will take some time to download the drivers; So wait for a while.
- After that, click on the file to install drivers.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Set Canon Printer In Online Mode
When the Canon printer error issue keeps occurring even after updating drivers and restarting the devices, set the printer into online mode.
If the printer is not in online mode, the computer will not communicate with the printer effectively.
Hence, select the printer in the online mode using the given process.
- For this, you need to open “Control Panel”.
- Next, click the “Device & printer” option.
- Now, your Canon printer will display on the screen.
- Thereafter, uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” option by right-clicking on the printer.
- Click “OK” to save and apply changes.
- Finally, the printer will be saved online & this will also fix the error issue.
4. Choose Canon Printer As Default
This is also an important thing to consider to troubleshoot the error state of your Canon printer. It is essential for the printer to be set in the default state. But if it is not, many printer issues will be triggered. So, let’s follow the process to set the printer as “Default”.
- To begin with, open “Control Panel” by typing in the search bar of the PC.
- Next, click “Device & Printer”.
- Now, right-click on the printer and choose the “Set As Default” option.
- Finally, many printer issues will be resolved automatically.
5. Check the Connection Between PC & Printer
If you are still encountering the Canon printer in the error state, then, this time you need to check the connection between the printer & PC.
Make sure the printer is connected to the PC well. But if not, check the cables or wires that connect both these devices.
The cables shouldn’t be damaged. But if they are, this will disrupt communication between the printer & PC.
Furthermore, if you are using a wireless printer, the printer should be connected to the same wifi as the PC.
After you are done checking the connection between devices, give any print command to your printer.
This will help you to figure out if the printer still has issues and if does, contact Canon printer support for help.
6. Fix Printer Spooler Service
Last but not least, fix the print spooler service to take the Canon print out of the error state.
Using the given process, one can restart the print spooler to fix printer problems.
- Initially, it will require you to open “Run”.
- Then, enter – service.MSC and press enter key.
- Now, find the print spooler file and it should be in a running state.
- Subsequently, select the print spooler file and go to its “Properties”.
- Under the “Properties” section, click on the “General” tab.
- Here, select the startup type as “Automatic” from the available options.
- Save changes by clicking “Ok”.
- In the last step, restart the device after making the necessary changes.
This blog is indeed helpful in resolving Canon Printer in error state. But if you still have queries or doubts about the printer error issue, let us know and our experts provide solutions.
- Canon Printer Troubleshooting for Every Printer Problem
- How To Reset Canon Printer In 5 Simple Ways?
- Connect Canon Printer To iPhone In Easy Ways
- How To Fix “Canon printer not printing Black” Issue?